The Sixth Hammer
Based in Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Press / Business contact:
XBox One (not confirmed)
PS4 (not confirmed)
A game where you play trough a hollywood like storyline and while doing that you are using a vast array of abilities to fight your way trough different and intelligent enemies. You fly a spaceship and just beam cows up to help your civilization, while you are searching for a mythical device that can save your kind. The gameplay will be extremely diverse and filled with a lot of emotions like epicness, grief, humor and exploration. Combine that with the most beautiful 2D graphics you have experienced.
The idea behind the game came together in 2013 - there were not many cool mobile games at that time, so we decided to make one great game, that we would like to play. The first idea was pretty simple - you fly with your spaceship and suck cows. In the development process we made the storyline bigger, we added enemies and several more abilities, we made bigger and more complex levels. The problem was that we got too far from the initial idea and the game became too big and complex for mobile. One day we just decided to stop, rethink our ideas and start again.After that
We discussed a ton of ideas, expanded the storyline. We decided that we will target PC and consoles so we will be able to develop all of our ideas without any limitations. The game engine of our choice is Unity. We like the concepts of the Metroidvania games so we decided that the game will be based on these concepts.Now
Currently we have the complete storyline, we have built the main systems and concepts, we have made prototypes of our enemies and puzzles in the game and we have already validated most of them with players. We have also built a prototype level, that showcases the mechanics of Moo Lander which can be downloaded from our website. Currently we are a team of 7 people and we are building the initial 15 minutes of the game, that will feature the actual gameplay as it would be in the full game plus some multiplayer modes!
- The game will present you the emotional story of an alien character that is sent on a mission to save his civilization.
- Your journey will lead you through 6 different places on the ancient planet Earth, each of them swarming with different challenges, puzzles, enemies and mighty cows.
- As you progress, you unlock different unique abilities that help you with overcoming the difficulties. These abilities can be upgraded in a few directions so you can choose the way you approach the game.
- You will encounter different enemies that can interact with the environment and you will have to think of different aproach for fighting every single one of them. Some enemies will evolve and you will have to rethink your strategy.
- You will encounter the ancient mighty cows of the Earth. Every cow fight will be epic and different and you will have to approach it carefuly because the cows can kill you in many ways.
Gameplay (Prototype) YouTube
There are far more images available for Moo Lander, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Participation and live demo" - Game Dev Summit Indie Prize, Sofia, March 2018
- "Live demo and presentation" - EEGS Gaming StartUp Challenge, Sofia, November 2017
- "Live demo at the game conference's stand" - Game Dev Summit, Sofia, June 2017
- [BG] DCNews (GDS news) - 08.06.2017
- [BG] SetComBG (GDS news) - 16.6.2017
- [BG] TodayTech (GDS news) - 18.6.2017
- [BG] Consoles.BG (GDS news) - 19.06.2017
- [EN] The Indie Toaster (Review) - 21.12.2017
- [BG] PLAYGASM on BiT TV (TV interview) PART 1 - 01.02.2018
- [BG] PLAYGASM on BiT TV (TV interview) PART 2 - 01.02.2018
- [EN] "A Look Into Moo Lander" (Review) - 01.02.2018
Some of our ideas for the soundtrack thesixthhammer.com.
Track the development process in our blog moolander.com.
Download and try Moo Lander prototype on your PC moolander.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Concept, Programing, Level Design, Music
Concept, Programing, Level Design, Music